13 Mind Blowing Facts
Life is incredible and the universe is truly remarkable. In case you forgot that, here are 13 facts that will blow your mind and perhaps remind you how wondrous this experience really is.
1.Time is not universal. The passage of time on a fast moving object has a different effect than one at rest.
2.What we call gravity is caused by the bending of space-time. The size of the Earth and the speed at which it moves causes a distortion space and time, (similar to large ball sitting on a sheet, causing the sheet to sink down. The sheet is space-time.)
- You are not the thoughts in your head. You are the one who listens to them and you can choose which ones to listen to.
- All matter is energy. The entire universe is energy that is constantly moving.
- Your level on consciousness and the philosophies it produces will determine your happiness in life.
- Humans are the only life we know of to date that can study itself.
- Jellyfish can live forever by reverting back to an earlier stage of life after becoming sexually mature.
- Your values and beliefs alter your reality of the world. That is why two different people can look at the same object and see something different.
- There are trillions of stars in the universe. Our sun is just one and it will burn out eventually.
- A new study has found the brain’s information storage capacity may be around a quadrillion bytes. We actually take in information faster than we can recall it. That’s why we “forget” things.
11.Stress and fear are the same emotion. Stressed? It’s because you’re fearful of something.
- The human body is comprised of 37.2 TRILLION cells.
- The emotion of love is driven by the release of dopamine and seretonin. You can control your emotions by changing your physiology.